Thursday, April 10, 2014

CoC - Iron Maid


Here is the unpacked model of what I have come to call as the Iron Maid...  though do note that there is a metal tab that connects the legs and, which, inserts into the base.  I have however, already cut this off since those tabs interfere with my basing.  The model itself is nice and shouldn't be overly difficult to assemble even though its holding a two handed weapon.  I plan to first pin both arms while aligning up the fist portions and then pinning the fists into the arms.  I'm more than likely going to be leaving out the hip guards since I find that they give the model a maid/nanny look which is a bit ridiculous for me.  This is partly due to the head reminding me of the robot nanny from the Jetsons cartoon while, the hip guards give me the impression of really old dresses were the bottom half was widened out with wire frame.  The combination of the two provides the before mentioned serving girl image... though this might just be me imagining things.

Even though the model has some nice detail on it, I will be sticking with my simple paint theme for it.  Meaning that it will more than likely be pretty much black with few points of interest like the cogs/eyes/weapon.  I'm not sure if I will keep the face plate black like the rest of the body or if I will paint it something else like I did with the Angels of Death (Clockwork Angels)... time will tell.

Unfortunately, I'm not really sure when I'm going to get around to painting the model since I'm finding it difficult to find room for them in my lists even though the model itself is a steal for its point cost.  Perhaps I will try to move some things around in my lists to squeeze some in since I really do think it has good abilities and is quite cheap for what it can do.  In any event, I will of course post a picture of the finished model whenever I do get around to slapping some paint on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment