Monday, March 24, 2014

CoC - Flare Balls







With the release of the Clockwork Angels I also picked up some Attunement Servitors, which means that just like the Angels I don't have any pictures for you of the un-assembled servitors.  Although, I can say that the model originally comes in two pieces with the "gun" part (including top tubing) being a separate piece.  This is fairly easy to attach and if I recall correctly then I didn't even pin them on.  Which, should say something, seeing as I'm always pinning things even if its overkill.  The flight stand seen in the picture, however, is not what comes with the model but rather a Games Workshop flight stand.  Unfortunately, due to my basing (custom made), the PP flight stands don't particularly work well since they have a long tab at the bottom that goes into the cut out portion of the base.  So those flight stands are fairly un-useable with custom bases unless you wish to cut off the tab part.  Finding this to be too much of a hassle, I just opted to use a GW flight stand and simply just drill a new hole into the model and it's base.







Following my CoC paint scheme I painted the main body Thamar Black, the tubing Molten Bronze, the "visor" Skorne Red and the little energy lights Beaten Purple.  The only new color added was Genestealer Purple (GW paint) for the "eye".  I don't particularly like to mix paint colors that I intend to use over a long period of time or on numerous models since its hard to mix the exact same color once its dried/run out.  That said, PP doesn't seem to have any other shades of purple other than Beaten Purple so I had to branch outside of the PP brand.

Well that's basically it for the Attunement Servitor, seeing as its a fairly small and straightforward model that doesn't require a lot of work or thus explanation.  I'm not quite sure what the next post will be about seeing as I have multiple options available as to what to write about...  so I guess you'll just have to come back later and check in on things to see and find out :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment